Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Week 31 - My Sack of 4 Navel Oranges



This week, baby M measures over 16-18 inches long. She weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. She can turn her head from side to side, and her arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath her skin. She's is moving a lot, too, so far the baby's kicks and somersaults have not kept me up. But I am to take comfort: All this moving is a sign that Baby M is active and healthy. This week she is working on her brain connections (she's got to make trillions of them!). She's now processing information, tracking light, and perceiving signals from all five senses. She's also putting in longer stretches of sleep, which is why I am probably noticing more defined patterns of wakefulness (and movement) and rest (when she’s pretty still).


Overall things are going really well. I must say that I am really celebrating today. I passed my Internation Space Station Book Manager Certification. So now I have the credentials that go with my job. Yee Haw! I have two books for ISS. One is the Communications & Tracking book and the other is for the HTV (Japanese Cargo Vehicle) Robotics book. Now I sleep better knowing that I have completed another thing off my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment