Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Austin in June

This past weekend we spent in Austin for Max's TCA annual convention. It was a nice weekend with family. Maddox had a great time with Granny, Auntie Shyra and Uncle Gilfred. Picaso was not to crazy about having to share his diggs with Milo but no major distrubances were witnessed that I know of.

Friday -

We dropped Max off at his convention and I think I got a ticket from one of those stop light cameras. First thing when we met Shyra we had breakfast at Rudy's. You know I can't go to Austin without having a Rudy's breakfast taco. Yumm! (but I must mention that they were all surprised when I passed up going a second time later in the weekend) We then went to Bath n Body works where we all indulged our sense of smell and got some deals. Then Shyra was off to work and we were off to hang at her house for awhile. Before she got back we went to the park. Maddox loves that park and this time I didn't have to rescue him from the top of the castle. He is getting so much braver...not sure if that is a good thing. While there I got a call to go cross town to pick up Max from his convention so I left Granny and Maddox to play till Auntie Shyra arrived to rescue them from the park. Once everyone got home we headed out to Salt Lick for dinner. It was good and I got some great pics.

Saturday -

Max took Shyra's car to the convention...Big man...little car. Went to the outlet mall and I picked up a pair of much needed sandals and Maddox got Granny to buy him a book. He loves books. A bit later the crew went to the pool with Kelly and Natalie. I hear they had a great time. Yours truly was tired and had a lovely headache so she took a nap. Since the boys were away for the evening we headed to get Mexican food. It was really yummy. Maddox loved his ice cream cone and honey and queso dip for his chips. After dinner we went to DQ cause I had a hankering for some ice cream. Maddox also got more ice cream which he devoured. That boy has a real sweet tooth.

Sunday -

We got up and had a really yummy breakfast. The pancakes hit the spot. Shortly after that we packed up all our things and headed back home. It was a really wonderful trip to Austin as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment